PDA

View Full Version : Fedora core 4 test 3.

wellander
10th May 2005, 04:52 AM
Hi,
Mine is going to be on fedora core 4 test 3.
* Your system specification P4 768mb ram 100gb hdd Nvidea gforce fx 5200 video card asus motherboard
* An overall description of the program and it's purpose It is an operating system you use it to use your computer.
* Try to point out any potential gotchas or helpful hints on installation and use you may have found if at all possible Sorry none. No problems.
* A link to some screenshots of the program running under Fedora N/a
* Assessment on the installation out of 5 5
* Assessment of the ease of use out of 5 5
* Assessment of the features out of 5 5
* Assessment on the quality of the program out of 5 5+
* An overall assessment out of 10 (All 4 marks added up, and divided by 2) well 10
Did this do well admins?
Or do I need a better one?

tejas
10th May 2005, 05:49 AM
OK, where did you get FC4 test 3 from?

Only test 2 is out on the website [I think at least]

mcg
10th May 2005, 06:17 AM
There are ISOs on ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/fedora.redhat.com/test/3.92/, but they are dated as of May 06th. I don't think that those are the final release...

wellander
10th May 2005, 06:24 AM
Hi,
I got it here http://mirrors.xmission.com/fedora/core/test/3.92/i386/iso/
And it works just fine.

Jman
11th May 2005, 07:28 AM
Glad it worked for you, but a review needs what exactly you did. Just saying everything worked is wonderful, but what worked?

LanceM
11th May 2005, 11:34 PM
What is everyone's opinion of Core 4? From what you have seen is it going to be worth it to upgrade from Core 3?

tejas
12th May 2005, 08:42 AM
I think you are going to have to.

Never realised this, but the life of a Fedora distro is very little.

They already stopped supporting FC2 [meaning I have to upgrade now]

They will probably make FC3 obsolete in another 3-4 months, so you'll have to upgrade anyway

wellander
14th May 2005, 04:38 AM
Glad it worked for you, but a review needs what exactly you did. Just saying everything worked is wonderful, but what worked?
Hi,
I installed it.
and ran it.
What more do you weant to knoiw?

crackers
14th May 2005, 11:50 PM
What Jman is saying is that hardly qualifies for a review. The same can be said for Windows 3.1, for example. You might want to look on http://www.osnews.com for what they consider to constitute a "review."