PDA

View Full Version : flash-player plugin for x86_64?

legumes
21st March 2005, 02:32 PM
Has anyone successfully installed the Macromedia Flash-player plugin for Firefox (or any browser really?) on 64-bit Fedora.
I can't install macromedia's official installer since it doesn't support x86_64.
The rpm on http://macromedia.mplug.org/ will actually install, but does not contain any 64-bit drivers (as I expected really). If I just copy the 2 requred files (libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt) into /usr/lib64/firefox-1.0.1/plugins, the plugins won't be actually loaded when restarting the browser - surely because the files are for 32-bit arch.

Well, has anyone made this work? I'm very curious... :confused:

macemoneta
21st March 2005, 05:11 PM
Yes, it works. You need to install the i386 version of Firefox (remove the x86_64 version) and install the i386 version of the Macromedia Flash-player plugin. The Flash plugin doesn't work with an x86_64 browser.

Also, remember that when making library changes, you usually need to rerun ldconfig for the changes to take effect.

Magickman
15th September 2011, 08:57 PM
Yes, it works. You need to install the i386 version of Firefox (remove the x86_64 version) and install the i386 version of the Macromedia Flash-player plugin. The Flash plugin doesn't work with an x86_64 browser.

Also, remember that when making library changes, you usually need to rerun ldconfig for the changes to take effect.

Not true. I am running Fedora 15 86_64 KDE. Ran Easylife, and it installed the Flash Plug in just fine, and it works beautifully.

DBelton
15th September 2011, 09:04 PM
you responded to a message that is over 6 years old. :D

At that time, you had to install the 32 bit flash player and browser.

Now the 64 bit flash player works just fine without having to use the 32 bit version.

pcsel
21st September 2011, 11:24 PM
Not for me it doesn't in either Firefox or Chrome :(