PDA

View Full Version : Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

IneedHelp1111
21st March 2005, 05:04 AM
Kind of a beginner here. It's been frustrating so far...but fun. I've been getting around thanks to posts, and Google...God bless Google. I have an OK knowledge about the FC2 2.6.10-1.770 kernel on an i686 which I am running. So the problem is, I have the ATI driver installed and properly running but that was a challenge. Now when I run fgl_glxgears I recieved this error. Anyone know a solution?

Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 143 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
Serial number of failed request: 30
Current serial number in output stream: 30

How ever when I run glxgears it properly runs. I want to run 3ddesktop on my computer and when I try to run that I also get the samee Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0". error. This is it below.

Attempting to start 3ddesktop server.
kbuildsycoca running...
Daemon started. Run 3ddesk to activate.
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
3ddeskd: glXIsDirect failed, no Direct Rendering possible!
3ddeskd: Please configure hardware acceleration. Exiting.

I have attached my Xorg.conf and my XF86Config-4 files, how ever I had to save the XF86Config-4 file as a .txt file that way I could upload it. Any help on how to fix the Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0". error would be much appreciated.

james_in_denver
21st March 2005, 05:24 AM
It means that your "x-windows" driver is either not capable of, or configure properly for, 3D acceleration...

It would help a lot if you would post your video board make, model, and features.

3D accelleration sometimes requires a custom driver from the manufacterer and some "mildly" detailed installation instructions.....

IneedHelp1111
21st March 2005, 07:36 AM
I have a Saphire Radeon 9200se (pci) card.

Chipset: ATI Radeon 9200
Memory: 128MB DDR
BUS: PCI
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub) + TV-Out(S-Video / Composite) + DVI
Support 3D API: DirectX 8, OpenGL 1.3
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536
Cable/Accessories: S-Video Cable, Composite RCA Cable, DVI to VGA Adapter, S-Video to RCA Adapter, Manual, Driver CD