PDA

View Full Version : HellO? *****X from tha Fedoraforum.org archives

t3gah
20th March 2005, 03:57 PM
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-12419.html

For me I found this article in my travels awhile back but I lost the URL. In it, this like showed a mailing list from RedHat.com that stated that *****X worked in FC1 and FC2, but not FC3. The moderator of that mailing list told the person with the problem to seek out help with the developers of *****X. So, I too have gone tat route and after reading the FAQ from faq.*****x.org, the fix is ncurses. OF which I have installed version 5.4 from the FC3 CD's. I have tried to resolve this error but to no avail. I posted my error at cyberpunkz.org and got the same answer of the fix. I've bailed on installing *****X on FC3 for now because it has no problem installing on just about every Linux, UNIX and *BSD variant on the planet, except FC3.

Now... the error points to a duplicate tparm in ncurses.h. I found some article that showed that FC3 also has problem with duplicate tparm errors with mySQL and Apache. The fix I sw was to rename the file to something else and recompile *****X anyway. Along the way or afterwards, you change the name back and everything works. The problem with thsi fix is that there is more than one reference. I could run X-Chat like this veteran Linux user suggested at linuxquestions.org, but I want mah *****X doggonit! If I wanted X-Chat, I wouldn't be here trying to get my problem solved like the link at the head of this post got.

So ther are a few questions that need to be answered before I hax0r the o/s to pieces.

Question 1: Has anyone been able to get *****X 1.1 working in Fedora 4 Test 1?

Question 2: Has anyone been able to get *****X 1.1 working in Fedora 3?

Question 3: Has anyone been able to get *****X 1.1 working in Fedora 2?

Question 4: Has anyone been able to get *****X 1.1 working in Fedora 1?

Question 5: If you answered "yes" to any of the questions from 1-4, what was the version of ncurses that is installed? Did you get an error message like the one below? What was your solution?

=============
./term.c:95: error: conflicting types for 'tparm'
./term.c:95: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an empty parameter name list declara tion
/usr/include/ncurses.h:717: error: previous declaration of 'tparm' was here
./term.c:95: error: conflicting types for 'tparm'
./term.c:95: note: a parameter list with an ellipsis can't match an empty parameter name list declara tion
/usr/include/ncurses.h:717: error: previous declaration of 'tparm' was here
./term.c: In function `term_init':
./term.c:870: warning: passing arg 1 of `tigetnum' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
./term.c:875: warning: passing arg 1 of `tigetflag' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
./term.c:882: warning: passing arg 1 of `tigetstr' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
./term.c:880: warning: unused variable `tmp'
gmake[1]: *** [term.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/*****X/source'
gmake: *** [*****X] Error 2
[root@localhost ~]# *****X
bash: *****X: command not found
[root@localhost ~]#

james_in_denver
20th March 2005, 07:19 PM
gcc version 3.3.4 20040817 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.4-2)

glibc-common-2.3.3-74
glib2-2.4.8-1.fc3
glibc-headers-2.3.3-74
dbus-glib-0.22-10.FC3.2
glibc-devel-2.3.3-74
glib-devel-1.2.10-15
glib-1.2.10-15
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-9.1.87
glib2-devel-2.4.8-1.fc3
glibc-2.3.3-74

ncurses-5.4-13
ncurses-devel-5.4-13

Compiled and ran just fine for me....FC3........

ilja
20th March 2005, 07:43 PM
*closed*
He just likes the **** in his post ;)