PDA

View Full Version : K3b

dmode
18th March 2005, 10:19 AM
Hi there,

I am having a really tough time with K3b, in fact everything is working... the only problem is that when burning a data cd all my filenames get truncated when the cd is read in a window$ box, it's alright on FC3.

I have changed my iso level to 3. Same thing... Altered the other configurations (Allow 103 character joilet filenames, Allow untranslated filenames etc.) by trial and error and everytime its the same thing.

What should I do? If I burn the same file with Nero it works, so there must be a way of doing it.

Thanks in advance.

jtang613
18th March 2005, 02:49 PM
Try turning on "Generate Joliet Extensions" under the 'filesystem' tab of the burn settings dialog.

Jason

dmode
9th September 2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks mate... sorry about the delay... works now!

pannet1
15th September 2005, 08:56 AM
Dear,

I want to write to a *.txt file to a multisession iso disk in FC4. I dont have a modem driver so can't use yum or up2date. Luckily, I have a dual boot and can download anything on my NTFS partition and then access them in FC4.

I cant run compile X-cdroast (missing GTK) eventhough i have gtk2 installed. My only other alternative seems to be k3b but its not provided with my FC4 distro cds, I guess. Can anyone help me out with how I can install and then burn this *.txt file in FC4.

Thanks.

markkuk
15th September 2005, 09:27 AM
My only other alternative seems to be k3b but its not provided with my FC4 distro cds, I guess. Can anyone help me out with how I can install and then burn this *.txt file in FC4.

Your FC4 distro CDs must be different from anyone else's because k3b certainly is included in the FC4 distribution (on CD 2). Use system-config-packages to install it, it's under Sound and Video.

pannet1
16th September 2005, 06:13 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was stupid to look for K3B under Kde Desktop while I have not installed K3b under sound and video. I have added the package now and succesfully written the text file to the multisession CD.

As an additional bonus, I have also noted that X-cdroaster is also installed under system though there was some compilation error (failed to locate glib-config).

Thanks a lot. Soon I will get rid of XP i thing.

Things to do - install conexant modem and sound driver.

Best Regards