PDA

View Full Version : Partitioner needed, recommend one?

samuraisam
18th March 2005, 02:00 AM
First of all, I'd like to say HI to the Fedora Forum. Long time listener, first time caller. :D

I just installed Fedora Core 3 again on a clean drive (wipped windows off completely) and now I'd like to shrink the *nix partitino back so that I can install windows on the unpartitioned space.

I know there is a way to do this, but I don't know what to use. Can anyone recommend a partitioner that will allow me to do this relativly easy without much risk?

Thanks!
-Sam

t3gah
18th March 2005, 02:15 AM
First of all, I'd like to say HI to the Fedora Forum. Long time listener, first time caller. :D

I just installed Fedora Core 3 again on a clean drive (wipped windows off completely) and now I'd like to shrink the *nix partitino back so that I can install windows on the unpartitioned space.

I know there is a way to do this, but I don't know what to use. Can anyone recommend a partitioner that will allow me to do this relativly easy without much risk?

Thanks!
-SamThere's a howto here for dual boot situations with Fedora and M$ Windows O/S. As for the size, I'd start over since there is no loss of important data at this point. Follow the howto though because I can't recall whether windows is first or linux is first. It's late here and I haven't slept much.

Partition stuff? http://www.partimage.org/

artur
18th March 2005, 02:20 AM
I did it with Partition Magic. I think it's better to first install Windows and then partition and only then install FC.

samuraisam
18th March 2005, 02:43 AM
Ahh, I found it, it's called parted.

Thanks for your help!

-Sam