PDA

View Full Version : Video and Sound Problems with Fedora Core 3 (NVIDIA and Creative)

turk359
8th March 2005, 07:32 PM
I'm currently a new user to Linux and have successfully installed Fedora Core 3.

However a few problems remain. First and most important is I have an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card. Right now everything works fine except Direct Rendering is not enabled when I do a glxinfo command. I"m not sure how to enable Direct Rendering and any help regarding this is appreciated.

While getting the video to work is an EMERGENCY due to time constraints I have another problem as well.

My Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card is not working. FC3 does not recognize that I have a sound card installed. The card works perfect in Windows but for some reason doesn't want to work at all in FC3. Any ideas regarding this as well?

Thanks all!

Lascolb
12th December 2007, 01:00 AM
Hi I have the same issue,
But I think that NVIDIA has drivers fore us that would fix this issue.

I know that others have had this problem so the hard part of finding the how-to on this issue is probably dune fore us.

I think that someone will be able to give us some pointers as well.

Don't give up I will keep looking.

O and as to your sound card I don't know but it could have something to do with the fact that not all Sound Blaster cards support Linux,
But you could check with Sound Blaster fore information on drivers support.

Lascolb
12th December 2007, 02:02 AM
Hi NVIDIA has drivers fore us that would fix this issue,
But I found some other problems during install with x server that I may have answers to at this link...
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=173143

However I don't quite get everything mentioned yet so I will try to ask fore some plain English and a step by step at that link.

Lascolb
12th December 2007, 02:27 AM
One more post fore now till I find out whats happening.

I think that maybe this will give an idea as to what may happen with the graphics card...
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01178.html

bob
12th December 2007, 02:31 AM
What is the sense in adding comments to a thread that's nearly three years old and refers to FC-3 which hasn't been active in years? If you have a question, please start a new thread. Otherwise, look at the hundreds of posts that refer to Nvidia and getting your graphic cards working. This thread is CLOSED.