PDA

View Full Version : suggestion !!!

ann
8th March 2004, 12:02 PM
The default installation is too big,could someone make it smaller?there are so many packages I don't need but were installed by default.

for example,the openoffice.org-i18n package is too big,it's more than 300M after unpack.it should be divided into several packages like kde-i18n.
Also,if I installed evolution,I have to install gnome-pilot,pilot-link packages even if I don't have pilot. and,there are two display manager--xdm and gdm in the x window system installation by default.

BTW,I really hate the new nauitlus.

mhelios
8th March 2004, 03:02 PM
ann, this is not an "official" Fedora/RedHat site; we are community based. So, to be better heard, please make your comments known on the fedora-devel-list or enter a specific RFE (Request For Enhancement) into RH bugzilla.

I might add here that on the topic of defult installs, you can select custom install to add just the packages you want. This may be more suitable for you.

foolish
8th March 2004, 03:43 PM
There are someone working on a Fedora-minimal project. Why don't you read up on that. It was mentioned in the latest fedora-news ( #7 I think).

Ug
8th March 2004, 04:08 PM
The Fedora-minimal project can be found here (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-March/msg00404.html)