PDA

View Full Version : Fedora iBook video install

theholynig
12th January 2005, 08:24 AM
I have searched everywhere on google and various message boards to try to find the solution for my problem. I am trying to pinpoint exactly the solution for the lines that race accross my screen. I get these lines that go across my screen anywhere there is not black space. I have tried to install video drivers, which failed to work, and I am sure there is a tweak to put into X but I can't find what to put where. I have a radeon mobility 7500 with 32MB RAM. This is on an iBook G3 900Mhz if that helps also. Thanks in advance.

imdeemvp
12th January 2005, 08:37 AM
I use the generic LCD driver for my laptop. It works just fine. Open terminal, become root and type:
system-config-displayand recofigure your LCD driver and reboot pc. Let us know if it works.

theholynig
12th January 2005, 10:25 AM
I am currently using the generic LCD driver for the display, this problem is apparantly not associated with the display, but with the video drivers (resoultion 1024x768). It doesnt work at 800x600 or 640x480 either.

theholynig
20th January 2005, 01:45 PM
I finally figured out the change to my xorg.conf file to get my video to stop having the lines in it. Here is the lines that I changed in my xorg.conf file. I added the Option "UseFBDev" "true" line to the secion :"Device"

Section "Device"
Identifier "Videocard0"
Driver "radeon"
VendorName "Videocard vendor"
BoardName "ATI Radeon Mobility 7500"
Option "UseFBDev" "true"
EndSection

other than that I didnt have to change anything... I forget where I found this but I basically just copied some things that were different from my xorg.conf file from what other people had till it worked.