PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 27 smart USB/token drivers?

Vaseer
22nd December 2017, 12:27 PM
Hi. I am new to Fedora and I am trying to get/install drivers for Gemalto IDBridge K50 smart USB/token. From local support company I got .deb package, that was working on Ubuntu 14.04 (previous OS). They do not have .rpm package for Fedora.

I can't find correct package/driver for Ferdora 27 (x64). Gemalto page http://support.gemalto.com/index.php?...shelltokenv2#.Wjgs2NiZaQ/ says:
libccid libraryThis USB CCID device is supported by the libccid library. This library provides a PC/SC IFD handler implementation for the USB smart card interface devices compliant to the CCID protocol.Gemalto is actively involved in the development and improvement of this library. This library is packaged and distributed by most of the Linux distributions.

I don't find libccid library for Fedora.
I need help finding correct package to use with IDBridge K50. Please advise.

Thanks.

antikythera
22nd December 2017, 12:38 PM
the fedora package that provides libccid functions is called pcsc-lite-ccid

so try

sudo dnf install pcsc-lite pcsc-lite-ccid

if there are any other dependencies they should be drawn in as part of the same transaction by dnf

Vaseer
22nd December 2017, 02:15 PM
antikythera, thanks for suggestion.

I have installed

sudo dnf install pcsc-lite pcsc-lite-ccid
and checked that I have installed latest "pkcs11-helper" but USB token is not working.

I am trying to use USB for web banking in Firefox. I don't remember if I hat to change any setting in Firefox on Ubuntu (14.04).

Any suggestions?

antikythera
22nd December 2017, 08:09 PM
no, I don't have any experience with USB tokens in Fedora. I just looked up which package provided the missing libraries. now it is installed, search for tutorials online about how to configure Firefox if necessary. You may need to also restart the PC if you haven't already done so so that the key reader is recognised properly.