PDA

View Full Version : F26: can't run dnfdragora or make upgrade using it

boycottsystemd
5th December 2017, 08:03 AM
# dnfdragora
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/bin/dnfdragora", line 48, in <module>
import dnfdaemon.client
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dnfdaemon/client/__init__.py", line 192, in <module>
session = DBus(Gio.bus_get_sync(Gio.BusType.SESSION, None))
GLib.Error: g-io-error-quark: The connection is closed (18)

running under user account and trying to make upgrade:

dnfdaemon client error occurred:
g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.baseurl.DnfSystem.AccessDeniedErro r: Session is not authorized (36)

Any idea how to fix it ?

Bequimao
5th December 2017, 08:39 AM
dnfdragora should be invoked as user, not as root.

yonnie
24th January 2018, 05:03 AM
Every time I try to tell this computer to update I get the following message box:
g-io-error-quark:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.... on and on for a long time....

What is it and what does it mean? When I select OK, the whole app closes and I can't update or get more packages. I ran "sudo dnf distro-sync" and the system seemed to to an update, but the dnfdragora still has the same error. Rebooting and selecting rescue mode doesn't rescue.

A little assistance required

milhan
24th January 2018, 11:10 AM
I started having the same problem on F27. It used to work very fine before. Just started doing it this morning & I invoke it as user. I restarted the pc, re-installed with sudo dnf reinstall dnf* still having the problem below.

g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.baseurl.DnfSystem.LockedError: dnf is locked by another application (36)

antikythera
24th January 2018, 11:32 AM
I started having the same problem on F27. It used to work very fine before. Just started doing it this morning & I invoke it as user. I restarted the pc, re-installed with sudo dnf reinstall dnf* still having the problem below.

g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.baseurl.DnfSystem.LockedError: dnf is locked by another application (36)

that message indicates a dnf process is already running. this is usually dnfdragora's update checker running in the background. let it do it's thing and try again in 5-10 minutes.

asemblR
24th January 2018, 12:37 PM
same for Me too!

milhan
24th January 2018, 04:23 PM
that message indicates a dnf process is already running. this is usually dnfdragora's update checker running in the background. let it do it's thing and try again in 5-10 minutes.
It has been hours and it is still doing the same. Sounds like a bug to me.

DaleDonofrio
24th January 2018, 05:04 PM
I don't know if you have it installed or not, but I've found that gnome-software and dnfdragora both have an updater. Sometimes they compete with each other. What worked best for me was to uninstall gnome-software and dnfdragora-updater. dnfdragora still functions, it just doesn't check for updates on startup. I update the system from a terminal, it's an old habit but trusty. If you'd like to try it, open a terminal and enter sudo dnf remove gnome-software dnfdragora-updater this removes the updaters. sudo dnf upgrade actually runs the updates. It's a hobby, but I like it.. As always you can install the packages you removed with sudo dnf install gnome-software dnfdragora-updater if it doesn't work for you. Good Luck.

milhan
24th January 2018, 05:47 PM
DaleDonofrio, thank you for the suggestion. Even if I removed dnfdragora-updater with sudo dnf remove, it continues to do the same thing. I have no idea why it is doing that. Again, it didn't act like that until this morning. I'm using LXDE and I don't have gnome-software.

asemblR
24th January 2018, 05:55 PM
Mine is fixed but I am not really sure how?

maybe "sudo dnf upgrade -y" did it? Sorry I should of logged it!

yonnie
24th January 2018, 08:19 PM
responses to this thread aren't showing up here, what's wrong?

antikythera
24th January 2018, 08:21 PM
the only response was deleted by the person who posted it

yonnie
24th January 2018, 08:26 PM
I got an email notice to an erased response.

antikythera
24th January 2018, 08:33 PM
the forum will have emailed the notification as soon as they clicked to post. if the user then erases the response, there is no way for the email already sent to you to be retrieved.

you didn't miss anything though, it was a me too post and not a solution.

yonnie
24th January 2018, 08:37 PM
I ran the "sudo dnf distro-sync" again and it downloaded/installed another 101 files. Dnfdragora runs now, system appears to have fixed itself without your help, thanks

antikythera
24th January 2018, 08:37 PM
by the way, there's a similar thread here:

https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?316430-F26-can-t-run-dnfdragora-or-make-upgrade-using-it&p=1802247#post1802247

do you mind if I merge yours in? I don't actually use dnfdragora but can clearly see there is a problem affecting multiple users developing here. If you are all monitoring and responding to the same thread it is better for all concerned.

yonnie
24th January 2018, 08:40 PM
thanks for the responses, at least I know that works. How do I mark this thread as resolved?

yonnie
24th January 2018, 08:42 PM
The other thread looks to have more posts, merge away!

antikythera
24th January 2018, 08:42 PM
be very careful using the -y switch as it can lead to other problems through auto-answering yes to all user prompts regarding package changes. stuff you need may be removed or replaced without your knowledge.

antikythera
24th January 2018, 08:45 PM
The other thread looks to have more posts, merge away!

cheers, done. by the way your solution should work for all the others here too

yonnie
24th January 2018, 08:48 PM
antikythera user just posted me that he would merge my thread here, I think the new update today autofixed the problem. "sudo dnf distro-sync" is what I used. I would like to learn to use the terminal too, but seems that just as soon as I learn to remember the commands, they change.

asemblR
24th January 2018, 11:47 PM
be very careful using the -y switch as it can lead to other problems through auto-answering yes to all user prompts regarding package changes. stuff you need may be removed or replaced without your knowledge.

Indeed!
Thank You Everybody for the prompt replies. I was relived when it started working again, I usually just do it by hand on the command line. :D

milhan
25th January 2018, 12:53 AM
so far so good for me too..

yonnie
25th January 2018, 02:49 AM
I think I spoke too soon. The original problem seems to be gone, but it's still not working right. I'm not getting the msg box where you click OK and the whole app closes anymore but I am unable to install additional packages. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction on usage of this dnfdragonora?

boycottsystemd
26th January 2018, 10:18 AM
I think I spoke too soon. The original problem seems to be gone, but it's still not working right. I'm not getting the msg box where you click OK and the whole app closes anymore but I am unable to install additional packages. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction on usage of this dnfdragonora?

Maybe you could try to run it in new user account and/or in another DE.