PDA

View Full Version : Help me please ! Cinnamon crash conistantly conistantly after last update !!

User808
4th December 2017, 07:09 AM
Hi.

Just few minutes ago I updating my system. I received new Cinnamon & lightdm & slickgreeter updates + other few packages ....

But after updating my system, my Cinnamon NEVER started correctly at boot !! Every time I launched my PC, my Cinnamon show me message: "Cinnamon crashed. It is currently run in fullback mode. Do you like to restart it".

I tried to restart it many time but never respond & conistantly crashed !! I tried to enter tty terminal & reboot my system many time but same: every reboot cinnamon suffer from same error !

Please help me ! How can I revert this transaction ! I dectated the command for this since long time & it it stored on my PC but I can not find "file" (file manager) to navigate for my home to open document file that contain this command !

Please your kind help urgently !

leigh123linux
4th December 2017, 10:20 AM
I've seen your useless report

https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/7120

PatMcLJr
4th December 2017, 07:27 PM
me2
running fedora 25 though
tried to make a new user and login with cinnamon still crashed

I need to upgrade to 27 anyway so I'll give that a try.

leigh123linux
4th December 2017, 08:01 PM
me2
running fedora 25 though
tried to make a new user and login with cinnamon still crashed

I need to upgrade to 27 anyway so I'll give that a try.

Can you post any logging showing the error?

PatMcLJr
4th December 2017, 09:37 PM
Hi leigh123linux and all,
just upgraded that laptop to 27
went very easily and now everything seems fine.

hunger
6th December 2017, 03:11 AM
FYI, for others who may come across this thread: the same thing happened to me. Was using F25, and Cinnamon crashed after an update. Upgraded the system to F27 using dnf-plugin-system-upgrade, and thankfully, things seem to be fine (at least so far, fingers crossed)...

bob1066
9th December 2017, 06:47 AM
FYI, for others who may come across this thread: the same thing happened to me. Was using F25, and Cinnamon crashed after an update. Upgraded the system to F27 using dnf-plugin-system-upgrade, and thankfully, things seem to be fine (at least so far, fingers crossed)...
I had the same issue, so it's nice to know it's not just me. I have had to revert to Gnome and am remembering why I hated that interface so much and was so relieved when I discovered the existence of Cinnamon.

I guess now I'll upgrade to F27, something I have been putting off.

I've always been critical of non-computer-savvy people who never log out or reboot their systems, but incidents like this make me empathise with them a little. Everything is working fine; you shut down, start up again and it's broken. Next time, they'll be reluctant to do a restart, preferring to let sleeping lions lie.

hunger
12th December 2017, 03:22 AM
I've always been critical of non-computer-savvy people who never log out or reboot their systems, but incidents like this make me empathise with them a little. Everything is working fine; you shut down, start up again and it's broken. Next time, they'll be reluctant to do a restart, preferring to let sleeping lions lie.

Yep. I haven't bothered to run 'dnf upgrade' since resolving the issue. If it ain't broke...

boycottsystemd
12th December 2017, 11:51 AM
Hi.

Just few minutes ago I updating my system. I received new Cinnamon & lightdm & slickgreeter updates + other few packages ....

But after updating my system, my Cinnamon NEVER started correctly at boot !! Every time I launched my PC, my Cinnamon show me message: "Cinnamon crashed. It is currently run in fullback mode. Do you like to restart it".

I tried to restart it many time but never respond & conistantly crashed !! I tried to enter tty terminal & reboot my system many time but same: every reboot cinnamon suffer from same error !

Please help me ! How can I revert this transaction ! I dectated the command for this since long time & it it stored on my PC but I can not find "file" (file manager) to navigate for my home to open document file that contain this command !

Please your kind help urgently !

That's why I use security update only, there is some script for getting them:
https://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?299841-flash-plugin-11-2-202-394-release-x86_64-is-it-security-update-or-not&p=1799737#post1799737