PDA

View Full Version : Microphone not working after upgrade F26 -> F27

akiross
29th November 2017, 03:22 PM
Hello,
I recently upgraded from F26 to F27, but after the process the microphone stopped working.

The mic is available as an input device in the Settings > Sound > Input panel (Microphone - Build-in Audio), but the volume bar is not recording any sound. Also, trying to use it in any application will not produce any effect (Discord, Telegram, Audacity, etc).

I am a total newbie when it comes to sound, so I don't even know where to look at.

I don't know if this is of any help, but I run alsa-info.sh: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=913d980e51c954833a4fb675331b214e350a3a79

Thanks for your time!

donatom
30th November 2017, 06:18 PM
Make sure you have pulseaudio installed. Then install pavucontrol (pulse audio volume control) if you don't already have it installed. Navigate to "Input Devices" by using top right and left arrows. Near the bottom of "Input Devices" use the drop-down arrow to choose the proper microphone. Also in "Configuration" make sure pulseaudio has chosen the proper audio card. Navigate to "Recording" when you record. You should see an undulating blue line if recording is working.

I believe your system is either not selecting the proper microphone or it is selecting a non-existing output device.

akiross
1st December 2017, 12:18 AM
Thanks a lot! Probably some configuration messed up in some way, pulseaudio was installed, I could see the mic working in pavucontrol, and just by re-selecting the same configuration (it was looking alright) everything seems to work.