View Full Version : F27 - Screen Blank when Locked

21st November 2017, 04:25 PM
Hi guys

I have just upgraded from F26 this morning and I have had this issue for a while. When I lock my PC, both monitors go to sleep. The Lockscreen does appear for about 2 seconds then off. I do find it a bit annoying, to say the least.

There has been a few tings that I have tried to do such as setting everything in Gnome/Tweak not to blank the screen, amending xset values and even tried dpms too. No, when trying to change dpms it has advised me that my monitoers don't support energy star features (Asus VP278). I have also amended xscreensaver values too, no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've been going around in circles for a few weeks now.

Thanks in advance

21st November 2017, 09:45 PM
So if I understand you correctly, the screensaver is not activated ? i.e. the monitors just go into standby mode and that's it ?

21st November 2017, 09:52 PM
That's correct.

21st November 2017, 09:56 PM
Mine seems to work correctly with my old GTX650Ti Nvidia card and 2x Asus VS239 monitors.

Here is a screeny of my screensaver config, can you post yours ?

21st November 2017, 10:02 PM
Thanks for that, I'll do that in the morning as its my work PC.

21st November 2017, 10:08 PM
I am on Xorg-Xfce. However my settings also work fine on Xorg-LXDE.

I have not tried it on Wayland, and I haven't used Gnome for about 10 years since they went "slow" ... It could have to do with that.

Also, here is my screen from the Power Manager dialog box: