PDA

View Full Version : F27 Upgrade - gnome-control-center not working

HaydnH
17th November 2017, 01:46 PM
Hi All,

After upgrading to F27 my gnome-control-center has stopped working. Launching it from a terminal shows no error messages, it launches, but doesn't contain anything, I just get this:

Clicking the "<" button briefly shows me a menu in the left pane containing "Devices" & "Details" but immediately returns to the screen above.

Any ideas?

I did get the following error to start with, but installing libva-intel-hybrid-driver-1.0.2-4.fc27.x86_64 fixed that so I think it's unrelated.

failed to open /usr/lib64/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so
Failed to wrapper hybrid_drv_video.so

Haydn.

HaydnH
17th November 2017, 02:41 PM
Well it works inside Gnome, but not outside of Gnome which it did before F27... I guess this is a Gnome "enhancement" and I'll have to find a different NetworkManager front end. :(

Jos de Kloe
2nd December 2017, 03:34 PM
Well it works inside Gnome, but not outside of Gnome which it did before F27... I guess this is a Gnome "enhancement" and I'll have to find a different NetworkManager front end. :(
I experienced the same issue for f27 when trying to start if from outside gnome (using fvwm). This workaround works for me:

env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center

I found it here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fedora/comments/7dcc0o/fix_for_blank_gnome_control_center_settings_with/