PDA

View Full Version : No more sound after update - Fedora 26

Nicolas0Dupuy
7th November 2017, 09:02 AM
Dear all,

Thank you for reading this post. I'm new to Fedora, have found some similar issues on google but couldn't reproduce the solution.

I did an automatic update yesterday, and after that the sound totally stoped working after rebooting. When I go to parameters -> sound , I have no more input/output device detected at all .

I tried updating (and alsa removing, rebooting for test, reintalling) audiopulse, but this had no effect.

Thank you all for your help :)

By the way, sorry for my english (frenglish...) and thanks for your support

EDIT : Actually I've just noticed that I have sound at the password screen, but then when the desktop is launched the speaker icon (right top of the screen) disappears and by now I don't have sound anymore

donatom
7th November 2017, 05:41 PM
Make sure you have pulseaudio installed ("sudo dnf info pulseaudio"). Install if necessary. Then install pavucontrol (pulseaudio volume control) if it is not installed. Open and use upper-right arrow to navigate to "configurations". Make sure it is choosing the appropriate sound card (built-in, etc). Then navigate to "Output Devices" and make sure it is choosing the appropriate device (speakers, headphones, etc). Make sure nothing is muted. Then navigate to "Playback" and make sure nothing is muted and that on the bottom the drop-down menu shows "All Streams". Pavucontrol will indicate if there is sound on your system (In Output Devices there will be a blue, pulsating line if there is audio).

You may have to play around with Pavucontrol for a while but generally you will be successful in eventually getting audio back.

Cylon1972
8th November 2017, 12:29 PM
Dear all,

Thank you for reading this post. I'm new to Fedora, have found some similar issues on google but couldn't reproduce the solution.

I did an automatic update yesterday, and after that the sound totally stoped working after rebooting. When I go to parameters -> sound , I have no more input/output device detected at all .

I tried updating (and alsa removing, rebooting for test, reintalling) audiopulse, but this had no effect.

Thank you all for your help :)

By the way, sorry for my english (frenglish...) and thanks for your support

EDIT : Actually I've just noticed that I have sound at the password screen, but then when the desktop is launched the speaker icon (right top of the screen) disappears and by now I don't have sound anymore

on what hardware is fedora installed?

LinuxBlue
19th November 2017, 03:27 AM
had same after upgrade. Downgrade from last update.... should be able to do from yumex if installed, if not use commad line to do this.
.... link here... https://access.redhat.com/solutions/29617 Yum now called dnf so replace yum with dnf.
http://dnf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/command_ref.html#downgrade-command-label ..also this Fedora site might help.

donatom
20th November 2017, 02:01 AM
had same after upgrade. Downgrade from last update.... should be able to do from yumex if installed, if not use commad line to do this.
I assume your are saying that the pulseaudio package should be downgraded. If that is not so, which package should NicholasODupuy downgrade?