PDA

View Full Version : sound stop working after loging off

engamrfuad
5th November 2017, 10:21 AM
i have a toshiba laptop satallite l850-b404 ...im on fedora 26 everything is working fine and awsome but when i logoff and then logon again the sound stops.... and when i try to use alsamixer the output as following :

metallist@raptorx ~]$ sudo alsamixer
[sudo] password for metallist:
ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused

i dont know what is the problem ?

AlexTheoto
5th November 2017, 02:01 PM
You don't need root permissions to use alsamixer. Don't use sudo.

donatom
5th November 2017, 07:04 PM
If you don't have pavucontrol (Pulse Volume Control), install it using dnf. When you log back in -- if audio no longer works -- open up pavucontrol. Use upper right arrow to navigate to "Configuration". Make sure your sound card is listed. If not click on listed card and then choose the correct one from the drop-down menu. Then with top left arrow navigate to "Output Devices". Make sure nothing is muted and that the output device listed is the correct one (headphones, etc.) Then click on upper left arrow again to navigate to "Playback". Again make sure nothing is muted. On bottom-right click on "Show" and choose "All Streams"

As AlexTheoto says, do not use root/sudo when you use alsamixer or pavucontrol.

By doing the above, you should be able to get audio back.

It seems that when you log out, your system is for some reason making changes to your pavucontrol, changes that prevent audio from working.

Hope this helps.

engamrfuad
5th November 2017, 08:38 PM
yes true ..i shouldnt use sudo with alsamixer ...i tried toopen pavucontrol ...but is just tell me that pulseaudio failed because PULSE_SERVER in the enviroment/x11 or default-server in the client.conf is misconfigured
so i tried to run start-pulseaudio-x11 manually but that didnt work either ...
i have to restart the maching to work ....

donatom
5th November 2017, 10:45 PM
. . . so i tried to run start-pulseaudio-x11 manually but that didnt work either ...

Try "pulseaudio -k" (kill) and then "pulseaudio -D" (start as daemoh) instead.