PDA

View Full Version : This is what keeps me away from wayland. Anything I can do?

rarity
19th October 2017, 04:10 PM
So I would like to use wayland, but there is one thing that keeps me away from it. It's that I can't use my graphic tablet properly. When I use the pen it show a second cursor, the wacom settings aren't working and when I use any software most of the time I don't see my tablet cursor, it just stay under the window. Is there anything we can do? It does that on pretty much every distro when using wayland. It works fine on Xorg. My graphic tablet is a wacom intuos draw.

srakitnican
19th October 2017, 05:15 PM
Have you considered reporting a bug or looking if anyone else reported the same?

I don't know what is the status of drawing tablets support under Wayland.

lsatenstein
21st October 2017, 02:32 PM
What about logging in with the gnome-xorg option (use the gear next to the password request). Do you get the results you expect?

rarity
21st October 2017, 05:01 PM
What about logging in with the gnome-xorg option (use the gear next to the password request). Do you get the results you expect?

I already said it.

It works fine on Xorg.

rarity
28th October 2017, 09:44 PM
Have you considered reporting a bug or looking if anyone else reported the same?

I don't know what is the status of drawing tablets support under Wayland.

Yeah I'm not the only one who has that problem. This problem has been happening for a long time already but still not fixed. Xorg on GNOME lags a little bit for me and doesn't lag at all on wayland which is what I like. The lag is only for the animations. Anything else like videos, games, etc. don't lag. I hope wacom tablets will work fine on wayland soon.