PDA

View Full Version : how to hide icons and folders from the Application Overview (app launcher)?

horizonbrave
15th October 2017, 01:12 AM
Please, I need to hide some of icons and folders from the Application Overview/App Launcher. The app Alacarte/Main Menu doesn't work and I need a way that will let the changes survive the applicaton updating process. Many thanks!

lsatenstein
15th October 2017, 03:19 AM
Do you mean physically hiding, (example (ls * or ls -a *) does not show the items or protecting the applications and folders?

horizonbrave
15th October 2017, 04:00 AM
Do you mean physically hiding, (example (ls * or ls -a *) does not show the items or protecting the applications and folders?

I mean I'd like the icons to not show up when I click on the Application Overview button.
Cheers

lsatenstein
15th October 2017, 04:19 AM
objects that start with a dot as for example ~/.bashrc do not normally show up. The dot hides the application.
You could place the applications into a hidden directory, and subsquently provide soft links to them, along with a name change.

horizonbrave
17th October 2017, 02:55 AM
objects that start with a dot as for example ~/.bashrc do not normally show up. The dot hides the application.
You could place the applications into a hidden directory, and subsquently provide soft links to them, along with a name change.

way too complicated