View Full Version : shouldn't the title bar of Firefox be black when dark mode enabled?

13th October 2017, 02:27 AM
shouldn't the title bar of Firefox be black when dark mode enabled?
Fedora 27 here with FIrefox 57. I admit that after seeing Firefox in Ubuntu 17.10 (with Gnome by default) I think they got the Firefox dark theming right.. but I just wiped it out from my disk so I can't attach any pic. They just kept black the title bar and the tabs, except tab in use, which really stands out and over looks not too dark (why one would want the address and input bars black as seen in some themes?!).

Thanks for suggestions :)

23rd November 2017, 09:00 AM
firefox themes are broken upstream at the moment and will be patched shortly to address issues like this (including the hiding of title bars)

23rd November 2017, 05:04 PM
well, it actually shouldn't be there at all! :)
But even after enabling the CSD I guess the tab bar should be black and the cherry on top should be having the current tab of a different colour (as in Ubuntu 17.10).

24th November 2017, 12:55 AM
It is a minor annoyance, so I'm using an application specific KDE window decoration tweak in manjaro to hide the titlebar for FF57 until the FF patched build is ready. maybe try this (https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/354/maximus/) though? I can't vouch for it's effectiveness.