PDA

View Full Version : Mouse is super laggy, how to fix?

Omnivion
9th October 2017, 06:39 PM
Heyo! I'm brand new to Linux and stuff, just installed. So people told me it would be much faster than windows but I don't think so.

Considering right from boot moving the mouse was horrific. It is super delayed and it barely moves. My friend said I need to update my graphics drivers, I have a nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 6gb
And I can't find any tutorials that work. My mouse is a Razer death adder chroma do I don't know what to do please help. Might br wrong forum too

srakitnican
9th October 2017, 06:56 PM
Its a known issue with Gnome on Wayland. On login manager switch to 'Gnome on Xorg' and the issue should disappear. It is possible that there will be a need for the official NVIDIA drivers as well for better performance, no idea about that, though.

Omnivion
9th October 2017, 07:34 PM
Its a known issue with Gnome on Wayland. On login manager switch to 'Gnome on Xorg' and the issue should disappear. It is possible that there will be a need for the official NVIDIA drivers as well for better performance, no idea about that, though.

Hey thanks for the help, that fixed my lag problem but I still need to figure out how to install my nvidia drivers so of I could have anyone help that would be great

srakitnican
9th October 2017, 08:11 PM
Well if it is working all right for you right now there is no need for official drivers. That in itself is another set of issues when new kernels gets released for example. Noveau, the current driver that you are probably using, seems to work better for desktop use (when hardware has decent support), official driver offers better 3D support, though.

I am sure someone will step in with instructions for how to install it if you still need it.