PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you skinned Fedora?

357mag
9th October 2017, 12:26 AM
I haven't tried installing Fedora yet but most likely will extremely soon. Was wondering if any of you have skinned it. I would like to skin it to resemble the Windows 10 fonts and folders if possible. I've always like a very simple Windows Classic desktop look.

I'm also very fond of the XP Luna skin.

Can you chime in on how easy or how difficult this distro is to skin?

357mag
18th October 2017, 10:53 PM
Nobody? Geez...

bob
18th October 2017, 11:50 PM
You may be the only one who wants it to look like Windows 10. There are distros that attempt to imitate Windows to attract the novice, perhaps you should check distrowatch to see what's available. Not to peg you as a novice, of course, but it's just unusual to want to imitate Windows looks.

Heck, here's one: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/04/make-ubuntu-look-like-windows-10

mlan
24th October 2017, 08:55 AM
Zorin is one distro that tries to mimic the windows 10 look and feel out of the box.

Never tried it though, I'm not a big fan of the Windows 10 look.

kkshethin
26th October 2017, 12:00 PM
I haven't tried installing Fedora yet but most likely will extremely soon. Was wondering if any of you have skinned it. I would like to skin it to resemble the Windows 10 fonts and folders if possible. I've always like a very simple Windows Classic desktop look.

I'm also very fond of the XP Luna skin.

Can you chime in on how easy or how difficult this distro is to skin?
yes.
Default desktop cinnamon.
Installed theme windows 10 light from settings>theme.
used menu applet Cinnviistarkmenu. windows 7 look.
Icon set Windows 10 available from net. use google. In theme change icons.
changed start icon to windows 10 icon. also downloaded from net.
installed wps office.

topiwala
26th October 2017, 01:21 PM
Gnome has extension dash to panel which gives it similar look. But why would one want that? There are better looks like that of classic taskbar panel at bottom. The gnome classic has look of gnome2/Mate which in my opinion is the most functional look for desktops. Ubuntu like looks can be used when you have very broad screen wth shortage of vertical space. All these looks are possible in most DEs.