PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Finding rpms online at to download to usb & install later

TopsyTurvy73
4th October 2017, 08:50 PM
I'm a noob mostly but, used Ubuntu on another box a few years back. My new(old) Fedora box has no WiFi at the moment. Thats a separate problem for now. I want to use this old relic to play mp3s and watch mp4s, maybe even play a few games. Its fresh install that needs all the libraries and codecs as well as the apps. Is there a site I can download the rpms I need to USB on a Windows machine and then install them when I get home?

I did look for about an hour and even found a pair of threads with the same question but they were over 5 years old and the links no longer worked. I realize this really is the hard way but its all I have for now. Thank you for taking the time to read my question, have a super duper day!

boycottsystemd
4th October 2017, 09:26 PM
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/index.html

smr54
4th October 2017, 10:04 PM
I also like pkgs.org for searching. (Though for hard to find ones, rpmfind is probably better.)

TopsyTurvy73
4th October 2017, 10:27 PM
Perfect! Thanks to both! I swear I googled it. Maybe I used the wrong search terms. Exactly what I needed. Wishing you good Karma!

smr54
4th October 2017, 11:17 PM
Don't worry that happens a lot. Or as soon as you post a question, you find the solution.

:) Glad you fixed it.

flyingdutchman
5th October 2017, 06:29 AM
The problem is getting all the dependencies also.

The best solution is to make your own mirror server, which could be on a USB disk, carry the whole thing to your library or wherever and copy a mirror server, then you can take it home and install whatever you want.
http://www.aeronetworks.ca/2016/02/mirror-mirror-on-wall.html

boycottsystemd
5th October 2017, 01:20 PM
Perfect! Thanks to both! I swear I googled it. Maybe I used the wrong search terms. Exactly what I needed. Wishing you good Karma!

You are welcome, I thank you too:)
I've found it when searching for something else :)