PDA

View Full Version : Can't load livemedia generated iso into RAM

bschuhma
1st September 2017, 03:51 PM
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can get me pointed in the right direction... I've used livemedia-creator to generate an iso. I can boot the iso in qemu or off a CD I've burned. However, I need to use rd.live.ram to put the iso into RAM so I can release the CD for other uses.

When I use rd.live.ram it gets to the point of copying the live image to RAM and says:

Done copying live image to RAM
EXT4-fs (dm-0): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[ OK ] Mounted /sysroot.ystemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device dev-mapper-live\x2drw.device
Dependency failed for /sysroot
Dependency failed for Initrd Root File System
Dependency failed for Reload Configuration from the Real Root.

The emergency shell appears and I got that stuff out of the /run/initramfs/rdsosreport.txt. The boot parameters are:

vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img root=live:CDLABEL=Fedora-Custom-26-x86_64 rd.live.image

That boots fine, but if I add rd.live.ram to the command line it fails with the error above.

Does any of the above ring a bell with you? Any thoughts on what to check? The line above starting with the [ OK ] looks weird... what's up with "dev-mapper-live\x2drw.device"? Several dashes appear in the word, then all of a sudden it puts the hex code in for the last dash? The output also looks like it was overwritten partially (the original line printed, then another partially overwrote it).

I have a screenshot of the rdsosreport.txt if it'd be helpful to see.

Thanks for any ideas/thoughts you can come up with!

Regards,

Bret