PDA

View Full Version : Installing LibreOffice with Fedora 26

metcomm
14th July 2017, 06:48 PM
I had problems with LibreOffice since upgrading to Fedora 26 (fabulous package by the way). After several attempts at removing the upgraded group files and reinstalling, I realised that the original /home/.conf/libreoffice configuration had become somehow corrupted during the upgrade or incompatible with the upgraded version (Version: 5.3.4.2) thus precluding LibreOffice to start properly. (I discovered this because it works on a newly created user profile) ...

Solution was to erase the .conf/libreoffice folder and let the new version of LibreOffice create its own. Then copy across the registrymodifications file and also any template folders. LibreOffice now starts normally with the original profile information entered correctly.

I struggled a bit with this so I hope this solution might be of assistance for anyone experiencing the same problem (ie. Libreoffice crashing on startup) :)

doctorrrrrrr
18th July 2017, 08:22 AM
Your solution can not fix my problem

antikythera
18th July 2017, 09:08 AM
Your solution can not fix my problem

So open a new thread in Using Fedora (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7) describing your problem please.