PDA

View Full Version : Admin Login change

vinoman
13th July 2017, 03:23 AM
I installed F26 gnome and during install I made myself admin. Now when I boot up and Fedora opens to the login page, I press enter to add login but it auto logs in and opens to desktop. How do I change to manual login?

bob
13th July 2017, 03:28 AM
Have you tried going into Settings > Users and turning off automatic login?

vinoman
13th July 2017, 11:53 AM
Have you tried going into Settings > Users and turning off automatic login?

I did, auto login is turned off. Why doesn't it let me login?

gjaltemba
13th July 2017, 12:45 PM
From your description, you are landing on the login screen. You have just one userid created on f26. The userid is displayed and this userid has no password. At this point you simply press enter to login.

Not sure what you are expecting. If you want to enter a password then assign one. If you want to change to another userid then create another. No?

Please explain what you mean by manual login.

vinoman
13th July 2017, 02:27 PM
From your description, you are landing on the login screen. You have just one userid created on f26. The userid is displayed and this userid has no password. At this point you simply press enter to login.

Not sure what you are expecting. If you want to enter a password then assign one. If you want to change to another userid then create another. No?

Please explain what you mean by manual login.

manual login is regular log in. I thought I did assigned one, guess not. I created a root password and left username password the same.

so I would have to create a user password? haven't dont this in a long time. Not that important on this PC but I should know how. Thanks

dcrdev
13th July 2017, 02:42 PM
Making yourself an 'admin' just adds your user to the "wheel" group, which in turn is granted sudo access in the sudoers file. This is completely separate from your root password - your own user account should have it's own password, if it does not then you will get automatically logged in; that is expected behaviour.

If you want to add a password to your awn account, open a terminal an run "passwd"; that's it.

vinoman
13th July 2017, 03:07 PM
Thank you.