PDA

View Full Version : Xfce - can you replace xfce4-notifyd?

Przemas
10th October 2016, 04:41 PM
Is there a way to replace xfce4-notifyd with other notifications system?
For the most part it works for me, but there are some a bit annoying instances where notications displays with an empty button or a button with "default" written on it. I'd love to get something that either does not display buttons at all or display correct ones.

nonamedotc
10th October 2016, 10:46 PM
Can you give some more details? What are those instances? What applications are those?

Przemas
11th October 2016, 06:41 PM
sure - here's one of those (the one I see the most often):
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz63/pj_pics/various/xfce_notify_button_error_zpsmq1vdxzv.jpg~original

- this is triggered by Terminix .

I'll monitor other ones (can't recall which triggers button with "default" written on it).

nonamedotc
11th October 2016, 10:50 PM
Wow! that is weird ..

Although, if everything else is working fine and only some application notifications are having this issue, I have to check what really is the issue here - notifyd or the application calling it ..

Please do post any other trigger that you encounter. I will also follow ..

Przemas
12th October 2016, 10:56 AM
here's the one from dropbox:
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz63/pj_pics/various/xfce_dpbox_notif_zpskluvv7ap.jpg~original

so in general this not uncommon - that's why I'm wondering if there's a way to replace xfce4-notifyd with other daemon (as my guess is "fixing" xfce's one would be way trickier and probably out of my league - I'd have to wait for the developer to work on those).

antikythera
12th October 2016, 11:35 AM
nonamedotc is an xfce package administrator for fedora ;)

nonamedotc
12th October 2016, 12:29 PM
Thanks! After I posted my previous reply, I saw this myself with dropbox. I will open an official bug both on upstream bugzilla and see what I can do ...

nonamedotc
12th October 2016, 12:30 PM
nonamedotc is an xfce package administrator for fedora ;)

Yes I am. :)

I co-maintain xfce packages with nirik and cwickert ..

Przemas
15th October 2016, 06:52 PM
Thx for looking into this nonamedotc :) .
Where should I look to keep track of the things? I'm slowly getting used to Xfce and would love to get rid of those minor annoyances I'm encountering (like this one).