PDA

View Full Version : Installed package does not appear in package list and can't be removed

Yora0
16th August 2016, 11:02 AM
I installed the package ZSNES and somehow something went wrong and when I start it now there's only a process running but no window existing.

I would like to reinstall it but I can't just run the rpm again because "package is already installed". In Apper no package ZSNES can be found (and I am very certain that I've seen it in the past with exactly that name) and I can't remove it either.

Is there another way to remove a package manually so I can install it again?

srakitnican
16th August 2016, 11:25 AM
Only from command line.

To see is package is installed:

$ sudo dnf list installed zsnes
$ # or
$ rpm -q zsnes

To remove the package:

$ sudo dnf remove zsnes

To reinstall the package:

$ sudo dnf reinstall zsnes

Yora0
17th August 2016, 09:31 AM
Okay, that worked to remove it.

But reinstalling leads to the same error.

When I try to install it after having it removed, I get the message

The Package was not found - Apper
The package that is being modified was not found on your system or in any software origin.

Details
Failed to find zsnes;1.51-16.fc24;i686;local

This is the file (http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/34216237/dir/fedora_24/com/zsnes-1.51-16.fc24.i686.rpm.html) I have downloaded.

Madtiger
17th August 2016, 10:15 PM
I just tried "dnf install zsnes" and it was successful along with two other dependency's. Are you using dnf to try to install or something else?

DBelton
18th August 2016, 03:32 AM
Do you have the rpmfusion repos installed and enabled? That is where the zsnes package is located (It's in rpmfusion-free-updates), and the rpmfusion repos aren't installed by default. You have to install them yourself.

To install rpmfusion on your system:

http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration

osce0
18th August 2016, 04:00 AM
You may want to update rpmfusion first, since the repository location was changed, so if you have not updated, it will still look in the old repo, where nothing exists anymore.

dnf update

Yora0
18th August 2016, 10:58 AM
Do you have the rpmfusion repos installed and enabled? That is where the zsnes package is located (It's in rpmfusion-free-updates), and the rpmfusion repos aren't installed by default. You have to install them yourself.

To install rpmfusion on your system:

http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration

I think so. I have installed rpmfusion free and rpmfusion nonfree. Is updates a separate package?

DBelton
18th August 2016, 06:19 PM
no, updates is the same package. You should be able to install zsnes package from rpmfusion.

try running

dnf install zsnes

Yora0
20th August 2016, 09:17 AM
That works, but all the problems remain the same: The program only starts a process but no window appears, and it also does not appear in the list of installed packages in Apper.

"rpm -q zsnes" does list it, though.

I am having a number of other problems with this computer and believe I'll just have to do a new clean installation of Fedora 24 again.