PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem Accessing updates-testing

ghborrmann
12th November 2015, 05:27 PM
Using Fedora 23, I am experiencing a problem with nouveau, and am attempting to query the updates-testing repo to see if a more recent version is available for testing. Per https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing, I issue the command:

dnf --enable-repo=updates-testing list '*nouveau*'

The response:

No such command: --enable-repo=updates-testing. Please use /usr/bin/dnf --help
It could be a DNF plugin command, try: "dnf install 'dnf-command(--enable-repo=updates-testing)'"

What am I doing wrong?

PabloTwo
12th November 2015, 06:43 PM
The command option is "--enablerepo=", not "--enable-repo=". Don't use the hyphen.

PabloTwo
12th November 2015, 07:14 PM
The only "downloadable" nouveau package is "xorg-x11-drv-nouveau". If you don't find anything in updates-testing, you can also check for new builds on koji (http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5871) which might not yet be in the updates-testing repo. And don't forget the "other part" of the nouveau driver is built as a loadable kernel module which is a part of your running kernel.

$ locate nouveau | grep .ko
/usr/lib/modules/4.1.10-200.fc22.x86_64/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko.xz
/usr/lib/modules/4.2.3-200.fc22.x86_64/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko.xz
/usr/lib/modules/4.2.6-200.fc22.x86_64/kernel/drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau.ko.xz

ghborrmann
15th November 2015, 11:05 PM
The command option is "--enablerepo=", not "--enable-repo=". Don't use the hyphen.
Thanks! I never would have found that by myself -- I checked the spelling several times.

marko
15th November 2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks! I never would have found that by myself -- I checked the spelling several times.

Actually this points out some poor coding by the dnf people, when I write code, I always
add a 'default' Options case such that if the option isn't explicitly matched, the code says so
and exits.

dnf should not tolerate --enable-repo but when I do the below we see what happens is no warning:

dnf check-update --enable-repo=updates-testing

Last metadata expiration check performed 0:14:38 ago on Sun Nov 15 17:02:52 2015.

What dnf seems to do in this case is just act like --enable-repo=updates-testing wasn't even typed in because
it walked its list of options and didn't find it.