PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] F23: Rpmfusion free/nonfree-updates-testing

taytong888
7th November 2015, 02:11 AM
Hello,

I successfully upgraded from F22 to F23 KDE64 2 days ago using the dnf commands in Fedora Magazine. I just had a look at the repositories currently on my system:

1. Fedora
2. Updates
3. Rpmfusion-free
4.Rpmfusion-nonfree
5. Rpmfusion-free-updates-testing
6. Rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing
7. Ozonos

I notice that Updates-testing is NOT enabled. However, the repos in #5 & #6 are enabled.

Should they be disabled now that F23 GM is released?

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

rbrick49
7th November 2015, 02:16 AM
yes they are ok thats all you need

taytong888
7th November 2015, 02:23 AM
Hello,

Should #5 & #6 be replaced with "rpmfusion-free-updates" and "rpmfusion-nonfree-updates", respectively?

rbrick49
7th November 2015, 02:38 AM
try doing a dnf distro-sync and see if that fixes you repos then do dnf update

ningbojoe
7th November 2015, 09:12 AM
Hello,

Should #5 & #6 be replaced with "rpmfusion-free-updates" and "rpmfusion-nonfree-updates", respectively?

Yes. I have just fixed this in my upgrade.

taytong888
9th November 2015, 04:38 AM
Hello ningbojoe

I went ahead with fixing #5 & #6 via yumex. After today's update, dnf repolist still shows the 2 update-testing repos for rpmfusions. I will wait a few days as someone suggested in the thread about rpmfusion repos for F23.

taytong888
21st November 2015, 09:52 PM
Hello,

As of today Nov. 21 I still see rpmfusion-free/nonfree-updates-testing repos. I deleted these 2 via yumex a few days ago but they still reappear!

Any ideas?

marko
21st November 2015, 10:10 PM
go into the two respective *repo files

/etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates-testing.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.repo

and edit them to make all the "enabled" lines in both files like this:

enabled=0

Many of the configuration settings in yumex only last for the run time of yumex and
it then goes back to its defaults the next time you run it. Editing the *repo files is permanent

lightman47
21st November 2015, 10:21 PM
There is a setting in yumex to make changes permanent - but you have to hunt it down. Marko's suggestion is easiest.

marko
21st November 2015, 10:37 PM
There is a setting in yumex to make changes permanent - but you have to hunt it down. Marko's suggestion is easiest.

Yes, I'm not sure about the old yumex (yum based) one because I've removed it, but in yumex-dnf you can go to:

Pull down the leftmost menu control (looks like a upside down caret), pick "preferences", then the Repositories tab, then set the repositories you want and check the "Save selected repositories" and hit the OK button. This saves the yumex-dnf repos changes to the matching /etc/yum.repos.d/*

taytong888
22nd November 2015, 02:44 AM
Hello marko,

Thanks for your helpful reply. I did not get it at first because of "yumex-dnf ...command not found". Then I followed your Post #8 to make changes as you suggested. Afterwards, it dawn on me that I would have to install yumex-dnf (and remove yumex) first! BTW, the old yumex is easier to navigate.

I chose to install 2 extra repos: rpmfusion-free/nonfree-updates. However, the "dnf repolist" command shows the following:

dnf repolist...

repo id repo name status
adobe-linux-x86_64 Adobe Systems Incorporated 2
*fedora Fedora 23 - x86_64 46,074
google-chrome google-chrome 3
rpmfusion-free RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free 692
rpmfusion-nonfree RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree 206
*updates Fedora 23 - x86_64 - Updates 4,833

Based on the repo names of "rpmfusion-free/nonfree-updates" and "updates", I thought they are unique by themselves. In other words. the first two repos are updates for rpmfusion-free and nonfree, and the later is for Fedora repo only. How come only "updates" appear, but not "rpmfusion-free-updates" and "rpmfusion-nonfree-updates"?

Any ideas?

:confused:

marko
22nd November 2015, 03:14 AM
For some reason the two rpms that convey the rpmfusion updates repo files:

rpmfusion-nonfree-release-23-0.1.noarch
rpmfusion-free-release-23-0.1.noarch

are defaulted with their update files disabled:

grep enabled rpmfusion*updates.repo

rpmfusion-free-updates.repo:enabled=0 <<< this is the rpmfusion-free-updates
rpmfusion-free-updates.repo:enabled=0 <<< this is the rpmfusion-free-updates-debuginfo
rpmfusion-free-updates.repo:enabled=0 <<< this is the rpmfusion-free-updates-source

rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo:enabled=0 <<< this is the rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo:enabled=0 <<< this is the rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-debuginfo
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo:enabled=0 <<< this is the rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-source

change those top two bolded ones to 'enabled=1' then they will show up in dnf repolist and be used.

taytong888
22nd November 2015, 05:00 AM
Hi marko,

Your grep command suggestion doesn't work. However, google-fu gives me the following:

kdesu kwrite /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo
kdesu kwrite /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-nonfree-updates.repo

I could have re-read your Post #8 and adapted accordingly, instead of relying on google-fu!

After switching enable=0 to enable=1 and saving the change in these 2 repos files, I got the repos listed as below:

repo id repo name status

adobe-linux-x86_64 Adobe Systems Incorporated 2
*fedora Fedora 23 - x86_64 46,074
google-chrome google-chrome 3
rpmfusion-free RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free 692
rpmfusion-free-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Free - Updates 215
rpmfusion-nonfree RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree 206
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 23 - Nonfree - Updates 61
*updates

Voila! Thanks for the hint!

marko
22nd November 2015, 05:12 AM
Hi marko,

Your grep command suggestion doesn't work. However, google-fu gives me the following:
\

Of course it works, I was in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory, I just didn't go to that level of detail

A more complete listing of commands that would work:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
grep enabled rpmfusion*updates.repo

I wasn't meaning that just doing the grep was all you needed,

'grep" is a command that's named after "globally search a regular expression and print", it just looks in
the file and shows any matches
Also you don't need to run that command, I was just doing that for informational reasons

After that you'd then need to edit the files (like post 8 like you said) to set them as "enabled=1"

dd_wizard
14th December 2015, 11:18 PM
Actually, something odd is going on at rpmfusion. Following the links in the /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion* files shows that the normal release and update repos for F23 don't exist! The only F23 repo available at rpmfusion is rpmfusion-updates-testing. I'm not sure if that's a bug, but that's probably why rpmfusion-[non]free and rpmfusion-[non]free-updates were disabled. You definitely want rpmfusion-[non]free-updates-testing enabled for now.

dd_wizard

P.S. Look at:
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/releases/

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/
and
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/testing/

The last one is the only one with an F23 link.

dd_wizard

antikythera
15th December 2015, 11:58 AM
It's been that way for weeks. I contacted them last month via IRC to find out if they had a date in mind for F23 release repository completion. The answer was we aren't going to be release ready for sometime. So you could be looking at next year.

jkissane
8th January 2016, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info, was wondering about this just this morning. No change as yet :(

taytong888
8th January 2016, 09:06 PM
Hello,

I just got these 2 repos yesterday, via a link of rpmfusion dot org at www.distrowatch.com/fedora.

Good luck!