PDA

View Full Version : FC3 spamassassin options changed?



wizard
30th December 2004, 07:38 PM
I think I said in another thread that the FC2 --> FC3 upgrade killed spamassassin on my machine. When I installed FC3 spammassassin and spamassassin-tools I found that the thing quit rewriting subject lines even though local.cf was correct - or so I thought.

The FC3 version of spamassassin (v3.0.1 I believe) uses different settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf - you can find them here

man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

One major change was replacing the rewrite_subject option with a rewrite_header option instead.

So - I changed


rewrite_subject 1
subject_tag ***spam*** count = _HITS_

to


rewrite_header subject ***spam*** count = _HITS_

and everything started working again. Yay!

edit: This is documented here -

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SubjectRewrite