PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Audacity-freeworld fails to launch as user in Fedora 22

StephenH
22nd October 2015, 07:12 PM
Edit: I found a bugzilla report which suggested that I remove the .audacity-data folder and contents. That worked and now it launches as user again. I have marked this thread as solved.

I wanted to record some audio, so I clicked on my icon for Audacity, which is audacity-freeworld from rpmfusion. It won't launch. :dis: I checked, and it is indeed installed as well as the documentation. I tried the command line with a similar failure to launch. Finally, I tried from a root command line and got the following:

audacity
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:614:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1024:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm.c:2267:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2267:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2267:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1024:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
Expression 'stream->capture.pcm' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4589
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4608
Expression 'stream->playback.pcm' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 4608

(Audacity:4007): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_parent: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(Audacity:4007): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_parent: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Audacity did finally launch, but I can't seem to get it to record anything, even though pavucontrol shows that the microphone is active. I already tried reinstalling Audacity as well as uninstalling and then installing it again. Nothing I have tried so far has worked.

:confused: What is going on? How do I solve this so I can use Audacity again? I'm off to check bugzilla after we run some errands.