PDA

View Full Version : F23 beta released

nonamedotc
22nd September 2015, 03:29 PM
Release announcement - https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2015-September/003289.html

Workstation - https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/prerelease/

Spins - https://spins.fedoraproject.org/en/prerelease

lsatenstein
22nd September 2015, 06:10 PM
Without words....

#!/bin/bash
ID=23_Beta_RC1
dir=https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/${ID}/Workstation/x86_64/iso
wget -c $dir/Fedora-Workstation-23_Beta-x86_64-CHECKSUM
wget -c $dir//Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-23_Beta.iso
wget -c $dir/Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-23_Beta-1.iso

sha256sum -c *CHECKSUM >Checksum

cat Checksum

dumindu
25th September 2015, 05:23 PM
Hi, I installed Fedora 23 alpha when it came but when the days at beta release, it was totally malfunctioning. couldn't update also files had been removed from last update. however I installed 23 beta yesterday and it's cool. btw rpmfusion is not supported for 23 beta as usual and even can't install VLC. I think its better if we can communicate with each other and getting rpmfusion support even after beta release. otherwise we can not attract new testes by working this way.

antikythera
25th September 2015, 05:41 PM
It wouldn't help for testing purposes really to introduce rpmfusion rawhide or any other un-prepared third-party repository applications into the mix during alpha or beta testing. It could lead to officially supported packages breaking as a result which then throws off the development on the wrong tangent.

While it may attract new testers, they also wouldn't be focusing on the core Fedora packages if you did that and trying to report issues for packages that aren't supported. The whole point is to make sure the operating system and supported packages work before anything else is added externally.

Also, on a personal level I'm quite attached to the testes I have ;) (A mildly amusing typo)

DBelton
26th September 2015, 04:32 AM
Hi, I installed Fedora 23 alpha when it came but when the days at beta release, it was totally malfunctioning. couldn't update also files had been removed from last update. however I installed 23 beta yesterday and it's cool. btw rpmfusion is not supported for 23 beta as usual and even can't install VLC. I think its better if we can communicate with each other and getting rpmfusion support even after beta release. otherwise we can not attract new testes by working this way.

I happen to be running VLC from rpmfusion on my F23 install. Installed fine after ffmpeg-libs was updated almost week ago.

There WAS a dependency issue with some of the gstreamer packages and ffmpeg-libs and VLC nor mplayer would install, but that has been fixed.

Edit:

For rpmfusion support, you must enable the rpmfusion rawhide repos.

Atsuri
30th September 2015, 10:10 PM
I happen to be running VLC from rpmfusion on my F23 install. Installed fine after ffmpeg-libs was updated almost week ago.

There WAS a dependency issue with some of the gstreamer packages and ffmpeg-libs and VLC nor mplayer would install, but that has been fixed.

Edit:

For rpmfusion support, you must enable the rpmfusion rawhide repos.

I was sort of expecting the need of rawhide repos for F23 licenced software, but decided to stay with F22 for now, because everything works :).

I tested F23 on a modded HP Compaq Elite 8000 (added RAM and GeForce GT610 silent) and GNOME3 works flawlessly. Same with a Lenovo IdeaPad Y480 (Intel + GeForce GT 640M graphics).

Well done dev teams! :D

Manuel Gomes
27th January 2016, 10:37 PM

hi!

it happened to me as well, first ihad sond then i didnīt; loading the last ubunt 64 bthe same, no sound either :(

so i am using the old mint 14 in my old 32 bit machine and sherching for a solution;
beeing a newbie, found 3 pages comand remedies completely out of sight, meaning,
to change the kernel of the driver...
now,
sailing the web away i found a french article that just suggested to change the sound
card, pure and simple; what do you think?

best

manuel

(thatīs my first massage here :-o)

lsatenstein
28th January 2016, 05:36 AM
For most systems, there is the analog sound chip on the mother board and the htmi digital on the external videocard.
Typically, you are wanting to use the mother board version and would have your speakers plugged into that.
With gnome and sound, checkout which of the two sound cards were selected.
Select Card 0

system-->sound

Also select between headphone and line Out.

check the volume setting as well, and with the sound-effects tab, try a few of them to verify sound is working
On the output tab, test for left/right output.

AND BY THE WAY, WE ARE WAY PAST THE BETA 23 stage

nonamedotc
28th January 2016, 02:07 PM
Folks, please discuss issues with F23 on the using Fedora forum and not on this news page.

I am closing the thread.