PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] ibus-mozc problem

Ohad Livne
16th September 2015, 12:06 PM
When I switch to the mozc input method, typing still outputs the english layout directly, without transcribing to kana.
This does not seem to be a problem in ibus itself, as other input methods I have tried work well, including other xkb layouts and the anthy japanese input method. It also is not a problem in mozc itself, as emacs-mozc still works as expected.
I am working on a fresh installation of Fedora 22 KDE.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

smr54
16th September 2015, 03:40 PM
I'm going to recommend that you switch to fctix though I think Fedora only has it with anthy. Ibus-mozc seems problematic to me on a variety of systems.

I have a page about fcitx and Fedora among other things at http://srobb.net/jpninpt.html

If you look in the FreeBSD section, you can see where I mention having to create a script to get ibus to switch input methods, but I don't know if that would work for you.

Ohad Livne
16th September 2015, 05:32 PM
Wow. That's a really thorough guide. +1 on the idea of creating a script to switch input methods. I'm definitely going to use this.
As you said, it seems that there is currently no fcitx-mozc package for Fedora. I can get along fine with anthy, but I really liked mozc :(. Anyway, thanks.

smr54
16th September 2015, 10:51 PM
I'm guessing it will be along (fcitx-mozc) sooner or later. I take no credit for that script, that was from the user buyuu on FreeBSD forums--but shortly after a bunch of fooling around and finding that if I had a tool bar like tint2, I could get it working by clicking--sometimes--I finally tried fcitx and just find it more reliable.

Ohad Livne
17th September 2015, 09:58 AM
I don't have these problems with ibus. I just prefer to use keyboard shortcuts. It also makes it much easier to set up an environment with more than two languages. In the gui, I can only define keyboard shortcuts that toggle between two languages.