PDA

View Full Version : Two Issues - Touchpad & PyGame for Python 3

Noble Bell
23rd March 2015, 03:54 PM
I am trying to start using Fedora Linux more and become less dependent on Windows.

I have a couple of things that are kind of holding me back at this point.

I am running Fedora 21x64 using Gnome 3 DE.

1. I cannot get my touchpad to turn off when I am typing. It is very, very annoying. I have tried checking the check box in settings to turn off while typing. That has no effect on it whatsoever. I can enable/disable the touchpad through settings but that is not what I want to do. (I tried Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit and it does the same thing too.) I am thinking it is a Gnome problem?

2. I work with Java and Python 3. Python 3 is already installed on Fedora by default. I need to use PyGame with Python 3. How can I get this to work? I have tried following some examples but they all end up not working. Python 3 does not know that PyGame is installed. "import pygame" causes an error telling me that it cannot find the module.

I am fortunate that these are my only two problems at the moment. I would greatly appreciate some assistance in getting going in Fedora Linux and putting my several years as a Windows developer behind me.

TIA