PDA

View Full Version : Mouse freezes - Evoluent Vertical mouse 3

Shugs81
6th March 2015, 10:53 AM
Hi chaps...

my mouse keeps stopping... just totally dead... sometimes for a second... sometimes for a minute or two...

wtf? :confused: lol

How and why is this happening?

should I get a new mouse or a different brand? I would have thought that all mice were plug and play...

lightman47
6th March 2015, 02:40 PM
Don't buy another mouse. There've been a number of theories here as to why we are seeing this, but I haven't come across anything solid. I'm running Fedora 20 - this phenominon started about 6 months ago for me. I've disabled the indexing program (forgotten it's name now) and it helped only partially. {Just checked my systemd ... but can't find the name}

Shugs81
6th March 2015, 03:58 PM
ok... saves me about 70 then!!

I'm wondering if its something to do with usb3 ports? sometimes when I boot up it's really slow and it seems to be things in the front usb sockets

mpsmith
6th March 2015, 06:41 PM
Is this F20 or F21?
I switched from F20 to F21 (install from DVD) on 20-Feb. Also replaced my WD 1.0TB HDD with a 500GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO. My mouse (and the entire system) has completely frozen a few times, required a hard reset/reboot to clear. This never happened with F20 (12 months) for me. I'm pretty sure it's not related to the new SSD but I haven't looked any further yet........

Shugs81
8th March 2015, 10:49 AM
well i changed USB port an it's a bit better...

hope it isn't the ssd cause that's what everything's installed on... this machine is supposed to be set up so i can do 3d modeling and not have any games on it so i can't get distracted... but then i've discovered that you can steam between steam clients... :P so that's me not been anywhere near as constructive!! lol...

is seems to get worse the longer I've had the system on too...

jpollard
8th March 2015, 12:10 PM
I think it is related to video freezing and not the mouse.

I've tested the kernel 4.0.0 rc-1, and it still happens - though usually for a shorter time.

When it happens video and audio both freeze, but not always the mouse.

mpsmith
8th March 2015, 02:54 PM
Video is a real possibility for me; F21 with nvidia drivers from rpmfusion-nonfree repo. I used the same hdwr config & repo in F20 with no freezing. No freezing with F21 for several days now. The new new ssd is the least likely culprit for me.

Shugs81
9th March 2015, 09:26 PM
hmm... swapped my mouse over with a different one and it seems to be working fine... any idea's why that would be? I wouldn't have thought they'd use anything different in the evoulent one... just the way it's set out...

who knows... definately not video problems as it happens when youtube and vids are playing...