PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Thunar (crashes on copy/move)

lgsit
3rd March 2015, 03:32 PM
Hello,

maybe someone can help me with that issue. :confused:

I use F20 with notion3 ("a tiling and tabbing window manager for the X Window System").

Before, Thunar worked like a charm, but for a few weeks it crashes (Thunar just disappears without any message) when I try to copy or
move and the "progress bar window" should appear. I guess this first appeared after an update, but I did not recognize it at that time.

Thunar never disappointed me, but that issue makes it almost unusable. :blink:

I've installed F21 for my parents who use Xfce and they don't have that (or any other) problem.
But I don't want to re-install my machine now (I want to do this when F22 is out).

I always update my system (I first thought this might be a temporary issue) and so I've installed the newest version the repos provide.

Thanks in advance!

Dutchy
3rd March 2015, 04:07 PM
Sounds just what's been plaguing Nautilus for a couple releases (introduced like a year and a half-ish ago already IIRC).
ABRT does happen to catch a lot of different backtraces and it is fairly random (luckily no data loss yet but very very annoying)
Do you also happen to use ntfs-3g for data?

lgsit
3rd March 2015, 04:31 PM
I also did not have any data loss so far, but, as you said, it's terribly annoying.

I have ntfs-3g installed, but all my hard disks and sticks are ext3/ext4 formatted.

nonamedotc
3rd March 2015, 05:26 PM
You are running Thunr 1.6.5, right? Downgrade to 1.6.4 and see if that helps ...

KJG41HES99
3rd March 2015, 10:40 PM
Downgrade to Thunar 1.6.3, if it's possible, while the upstream fix is done:
https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11450

lgsit
4th March 2015, 08:14 AM
Thanks for your answers!

As soon as I'm home I will try to temporarily downgrade (until that bug is fixed).

Edit: My Thunar version is 1.6.4

nonamedotc
4th March 2015, 02:06 PM
That's a terribly annoying bug on F20 which doesn't occur in F21 and above ... At this point, the only "solution" is to downgrade.

Relevant bug report - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1183644

lgsit
6th March 2015, 09:27 AM
Indeed, this really sucks! Hope it'll be fixed soon.