PDA

View Full Version : Any package able to use a scanner wirelessly?

greengiant43
10th January 2015, 07:09 PM
So we got a new HP AIO that has a scanner and is set up with a static IP.
Is there any software out there that can scan wirelessly? I mean, I know it's not the biggest deal in the world to hook up by usb but I'm curious if anything exists.
Thanks

bbfuller
11th January 2015, 01:43 AM
I've only got an all-in-one in the past year.

It's an HP 3520 connected via wireless.

Once the printer was installed, I thought to check the scanner and I already had the XSane package installed from my old stand alone scanner.

Once I started XSane, it just showed the 3520 as the scanner.

I've no idea if it would had the USB Scanner still been attached.

smr54
11th January 2015, 03:06 AM
hplip should be able to set it up, but I've only used it with multifunction. Depending upon your desktop, it may be missing the necessary libsane-hpaio, so be sure you have that installed (check with rpm -q libsane-hpio and if you find it isn't installed, install it with yum install libsane-hpaio)

greengiant43
11th January 2015, 04:35 PM
I installed Xsane and only had the USB webcam available (built in.)
I might look into hplip.

Not a huge deal as I could just connect to the scanner (especially since you need to be around it to place the paper to scan in it) but it's a neat thought.

ryptyde
13th January 2015, 04:12 AM
I have an older H-P C8180 All in One and have used it to scan documents and send them to the computer wirelessly. I have installed the "HP" packages "hpijs hplip hplip-common hplip-gui hplip-libs" once installed run as root (su) "hp-setup" and select to manually find the device and then enter the ip address. I have used simple scan and xsane without issue.

phil