PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia driver, botched install, cant boot. Fc21

teraquad
30th December 2014, 01:53 PM
Hi,

I attempted to install the Nvidia driver via yum and failed miserably. Now it wont boot and complains about (can't find freq USB xxx) and hangs.

The card is a GTX780 in a singular capacity. Perhaps there is something i can do from a live boot to get it back. I would really like to back out of this install or complete it. And i really want my machine back

Any help would be appreciated.

George....

DougHuffman
30th December 2014, 04:33 PM
As a struggling newbie yet again, I have no help, but thank you for the continued warning against installing nvidia drivers in F21 YET.

How will we know when an installation by RPM Fusion's directions or Leigh's set up guide can be expected to be successful, particularly given their significant differences?

I really like my nvidia card and the load it takes from the CPU.

sidebrnz
30th December 2014, 10:23 PM
If you can, boot into a CLI. (What used to be runlevel 3.) Log in as root and run these two commands:

yum remove \*nvidia\*
reboot

This should get you back to nouveau and a GUI. Not the optimal solution, but it will get you running. Good luck and Happy New Year!

teraquad
31st December 2014, 01:36 AM
Hi,

I did as suggested and Bang, it works. getting to the cli was a learning process but it worked.

Thank you very much.

George....

teraquad
31st December 2014, 05:20 PM
Thank you very much that did the trick I am now looking at the graphic interface. Again thank you very much.!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk