PDA

View Full Version : clicking on a link in an evolution message

leonardevens
20th December 2014, 09:19 PM
Under Fedora 20 and earlier, when I clicked on a link in an evolution message, it brought up a tab in Firefox for that link, but didn't immediately ju mp to it. Now, under Fedora 21, it immediately jumps to the tab in firefox, Under gnome, I normally keep evolution in workspace 1 and firefox in workspace 2, so it jumps to the other workspace. I want it to stay in evolution so I can continue to read my mail without interruption. I don't know what to set to get the behavior I want.

Can anyone help me?

TheBigRed
20th December 2014, 09:47 PM
Under Fedora 20 and earlier, when I clicked on a link in an evolution message, it brought up a tab in Firefox for that link, but didn't immediately ju mp to it. Now, under Fedora 21, it immediately jumps to the tab in firefox, Under gnome, I normally keep evolution in workspace 1 and firefox in workspace 2, so it jumps to the other workspace. I want it to stay in evolution so I can continue to read my mail without interruption. I don't know what to set to get the behavior I want.

Can anyone help me?

In the address bar, type "about:config". Next, look for a line named "browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground". If you have one, change the value to "True" by double-clicking on the line.

leonardevens
21st December 2014, 12:18 AM
In the address bar, type "about:config". Next, look for a line named "browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground". If you have one, change the value to "True" by double-clicking on the line.

That seemed to do the job.

But I wonder if there is s o mewhere else, which is located where a naive user like me might go to set it?