PDA

View Full Version : setting dnf defaults

kkshethin
11th December 2014, 02:35 PM
to make dnf working as yum was, you have to add to /etc/dnf/dnf.conf
following

1. to keep cache (default is off)

keepcache=true

2. to use deltarpm (default is off whereas it was by default on in yum)

deltarpm=true

3. to use fastestmirror plugin available in yum

fastestmirror=true

lomapur
11th December 2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks, it's exactly what I've loved yum for, great to see we can achieve same things using dnf ! Any other options we should consider if we are already editing dnf.conf (optimalization/speed wise)?

lsatenstein
12th December 2014, 03:07 AM
On my F21 remix, dnf was pre-configured. The man pages stipulate boolean values for your parameters. By boolean, I presume that the values are 1 for true and 0 for false. By any chance, were these parameters already built-in with "true defaults"?

Skull One
12th December 2014, 03:53 PM
Some comments:

1. to keep cache (default is off)

keepcache=true

This is to keep the packages in the cache, and you probably do not want it.

2. to use deltarpm (default is off whereas it was by default on in yum)

deltarpm=true

It is true by default, but it does not hurt to specify the option in case the default changes.

Source: 'man dnf.conf'

Edit: and to avoid the automatic caching:

systemctl stop dnf-makecache.timer
systemctl disable dnf-makecache.timer

Dutchy
12th December 2014, 07:48 PM
Nice.
This will help my aim to replace yum with dnf in F21.
From man dnf.conf it appears dnf also supports th yum priorities plugin which I use to protect the base repo's from third party ones.

priority
integer

The priority value of this repository, default is 99. If there is more than one candi‐
date package for a particular operation, the one from a repo with the lowest priority
value is picked, possibly despite being less convenient otherwise (e.g. by being a
lower version).

Is this also a plugin or is this now builtin?
Does dnf uses the same plugins as yum?

Finalzone
12th December 2014, 08:48 PM
Nice.
This will help my aim to replace yum with dnf in F21.
From man dnf.conf it appears dnf also supports th yum priorities plugin which I use to protect the base repo's from third party ones.

Is this also a plugin or is this now builtin?
Does dnf uses the same plugins as yum?

dnf has plugins set called dnf-plugins-core. Available documentation of dnf (https://rpm-software-management.github.io/dnf/)

Dutchy
17th December 2014, 07:15 PM
dnf has plugins set called dnf-plugins-core. Available documentation of dnf (https://rpm-software-management.github.io/dnf/)
Thanks for that link, documentation seems already rather good.
I used it to look up information about the priority plugin and found out it is now incorporated into the base package. :dance:

0.5.4 Release Notes
Repository priority configuration setting has been added, providing similar functionality to Yum Utils’ Priorities plugin.