PDA

View Full Version : Old Fedora RPMS

foxb13
21st December 2004, 11:06 PM
Hi there,

Does anybody know if there's somewhere on Earth a resource archiving old Fedora RPMS? Not the ones from the official FC1 and FC2, but those that were built during the development cycle. I'm looking more precisely for old ia64 RPMS built around May-June 2004.

Thanks.

imdeemvp
21st December 2004, 11:24 PM
On the fedora project website http://fedora.redhat.com/

Jman
22nd December 2004, 05:28 AM
Some mirrors still carry old test releases (http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/) but most of them have probably dropped them by now. Getting some random devel version in between will be harder because devel gets updated all the time.

foxb13
22nd December 2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your answers. Unforunately, even the link on the Red Hat website are empty...

Jman
22nd December 2004, 10:05 PM
Any particular package or version you need?

foxb13
22nd December 2004, 10:22 PM
Oh yes, a lot! And biggest one like xorg, gnome, kde...

kosmosik
22nd December 2004, 10:43 PM
Does anybody know if there's somewhere on Earth a resource archiving old Fedora RPMS? Not the ones from the official FC1 and FC2, but those that were built during the development cycle. I'm looking more precisely for old ia64 RPMS built around May-June 2004.
there should be some traces like spec file (that is what an RPM is - simple text file) in version control system and given snapshot of source code? but why are you looking after old stuff anyway? it is free software - everything can be fixed right now, you are free. :) so please instead of asking about old binary packages ask directly what is the problem you are facing and we will (at least try) find an up-to-date solution... if something has compiled (and is open) in past it should be easly done also now...

foxb13
24th December 2004, 12:58 PM
OK. I'm running an Itanium-based hp workstation i2000. Since Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 (time when FC1 was released IIRC), support for the first-generation Itanium was dropped by Red Hat (still using 2.4 kernels at that time). Fortunately, the Fedora Core 2.6 kernels still have the bits to support it (at least kernel 2.6.5-1.358). Hence, I upgraded my system from RH 7.2 to FC using the development/ia64 repository tree, roughly one year ago. I'm using this workstation for 3D OpenGL development. It's equipped with a nVIDIA Quadro2 Pro chip. I'm using the latest nVIDIA 53.47 driver available for the IA-64 architecture. With FC RPMS dated May-June 2004 (roughly the time when FC2 was released), everything was working fine. Last month, I had the bad idea to update the packages to their actual revision. A lot of things went wrong, and the nVIDIA drivers now badly crash the X server. And of course, I didn't keep the original working RPMS I'm now looking for (only had their names). I've found an obsolete mirror with RPMS dated February 2004, but it's incomplete and important packages are missing. Google still gives hits for the package I'm searching for, but the links are now broken. That's why I was hunting old FC RPMS...