PDA

View Full Version : F20 KDE hangs after login until logging out & in again

abderrahman
17th March 2014, 02:48 AM
This problem started, but I don't remember there was anything specific that provoked it. Things were working fine after the fresh install (the KDE version didn't change when this started, neither was caused by a new installed package)

When I log-in, the desktop stops loading midway. Not all the icons in the system tray appear (I've noticed that Klipper & KMix among others aren't there).

The mouse is moving, and I can click things... but, I can only perform ONE task. So if for example I click the "show hidden icons" arrow then close it, that's it! Or, I can click App Launcher then go to "Leave" and click Log Out. It will click, but then the desktop stops responding for 3 exact minutes (mouse still moves, but can't click anything). Then the log out confirmation appears, and after a while (about a minute) logs out.

When I log back in, the desktop loads normally as it should. And everything works fine!
I have to do this every time I restart the computer (doesn't happen with standby or hibernation, only complete shutdown/restart)

The kernel doesn't affect the problem. I'm using F20 amd64 3.13.6-200. KDE 4.12.3

Any solutions?

EDIT: It seems like KMix and its daemon KMixD are the cause. There's a bugzilla report (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1059699), but no fixes