PDA

View Full Version : Avatar Chat

comsparks
17th December 2004, 02:45 AM
Does anyone know of a Linux Chat site that uses avatars to chat like Excite Chat has in Windows?

imdeemvp
17th December 2004, 03:49 AM
Not that I know.....I rarely go to chat rooms anyway. Maybe someone else will know.

Jman
18th December 2004, 07:51 AM
I don't know what you mean by avatar chat. Could you link to a screenshot?

There are a whole bunch of ways to chat using Linux, whether it's on a web forum like this, via IRC, or on the instant message networks like Jabber, Yahoo, and MSN. Gaim is a good IM client. Some of these even support images for avatars.

sailor
20th December 2004, 09:42 PM
I think he means something more like The Palace or World's chat? The user picks a avatar to represent themselves...the avatar is moved from room to room or in the case of World's Chat it was a 3d world with planets, space stations...that the avatar world travel through.
Alpha world is another in which you can build things that get incorporated into the chat world.
I don't know if any of these will work with Linux...as they usually require DL of the components and are only windows based.

comsparks
23rd December 2004, 05:10 PM
I've found OpenVerse chat but I found only one person on it that said Hello and that was it. I don't think anyone knows about that Avatar based chat site. Looks to be a very promising chat site.