PDA

View Full Version : Delete printer

dagri
9th March 2014, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I did something wrong when I set up Fedora 19. I got a suggestion for a printer, and I confirmed. This way of setting opp the printer does not install the driver right, so I had to install the printer via settings. Then it worked ok, but now the uncompleted setup of the printer appears beside the printer that works. (E.g when I try to print from Firefox) Both printer has the same name, so I would very much delete the printer setup that does not work

I have tried to find this entry, but I haven't succeded. It does not appear under printers in the settings menu. I have also tried to launch cups, but there the working printer appears. The false one is not there. There must be a setupfile. Can anybody give me a hint?

Dag R

David Batson
10th March 2014, 12:35 AM
There is the lpadmin command for deleting printers from terminal as root. Look for information on lpadmin.

Example for a Brother HL2270DW printer: # lpadmin -x HL2270DW

dagri
10th March 2014, 09:23 AM
Thanx for the answer. I have worked on this, but the lpadmin says the printer I want to delete doesn't exist. The problem is maybe in Firefox. It seems that this program is the only one suggests the faulty printer.

Dag R