PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Fedora Gnome install and want to try Cinnamon.

kelean
2nd January 2014, 06:41 PM
I have F-20 installed an it is running very well. I would like to try Cinnamon 2.0 desktop. I installed Cinnamon desktop using yum group install Cinnamon desktop and install went fine. The problem is I cannot figure out how to change to the Cinnamon desktop.

I logout but there is no option to change session when I log back in. I have been searching but I have not found anything useful or I do not understand what I am finding.

Any help or point in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Kelean.

thick0
2nd January 2014, 09:46 PM
I can't logout and check at the moment but there is an option to "change session". It isn't very prominent and I don't know whether those are the exact words it uses. Have another look and it might leap out at you

PxlBuzzard
2nd January 2014, 10:43 PM
First make sure you have a password on the user you want to use Cinnamon on, otherwise you will not get far enough into the login screen process.

(This is on F20 assuming Cinnamon is installed)
On the login screen, select a user to login with. In the next section where you enter your password, look for a gear icon next to the Login button. The dropdown menu should list Cinnamon (normal & software-render) as well as Gnome. Simply choose Cinnamon, enter your password, and login.

glennzo
2nd January 2014, 10:44 PM
Should be a "gear" icon on the right under the user name input box in the login screen.

He says, about 4 seconds too late ...

kelean
4th January 2014, 05:23 AM
Thanks PlxBuzzard and glenno. I have onle one user me and auto login. I added another user and I now see the gear to change to cinnamon desktop..

Thanks for the help.