PDA

View Full Version : C:\nppdf32Log\debuglog.txt (adobe)

AbidDhanaiser
22nd November 2013, 12:28 PM
getting a file in my /home directory in fedora19

C:\nppdf32Log\debuglog.txt
what this file is ,,, deleted adain and again but still getting that file.

marriedto51
22nd November 2013, 01:20 PM
This is a bug in the PDF browser plugin that comes with Adobe Reader. Every time you use your browser to view a PDF document, the plugin will create a (usually empty) file with that name in whatever the current working directory is.

The only fix I know involves hacking the plugin file with a hexadecimal editor.

RupertPupkin
23rd November 2013, 12:32 AM
This is a problem only in 32-bit Linux, and only if using the Acrobat PDF plugin (as marriedto51 said). Firefox has its own internal PDF viewer, so you don't really need that Acrobat plugin any more.

AbidDhanaiser
23rd November 2013, 05:57 AM
So , what is solution of that BUG

BBQdave
23rd November 2013, 05:22 PM
So , what is solution of that BUG

Run Firefox Web Browser with out the Adobe Reader PDF plugin.

Firefox has it's own PDF reader. I like it so much, it is set as my default PDF reader :)

marriedto51
24th November 2013, 12:46 PM
I agree that the simplest answer is to disable the Adobe plugin. If you need it, then you'll have to edit the plugin file with a hex editor. (I have used okteta in the past, which is the hex editor that comes with KDE.) Here's a sketch of how to do it.

Open the file /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so in the hex editor.
Search for the string "C:\nppdf32Log\debuglog.txt"
Replace that string with "/dev/null" followed by sixteen zeros -- beware that this doesn't mean '0' characters, but bytes that are actually 00 in hexadecimal.
Use the locate command to find all other occurrences of nppdf.so (in places like /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins), and copy your edited file from /opt/Adobe/Reader9/Browser/intellinux/ to those locations.