PDA

View Full Version : updfstab not present in FC3 install

toesofrubber
12th December 2004, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

I have a usb camera which i wish to auto mount (and show on kde desktop - all that caper) when i plug it in, but so far no joy.

the module is being loaded, and i can manually mount the mass storage drive, but i can't seem to get it work work automatically.. Googling tells me to make amends to my /etc/updfstab.conf file, but i don't have one. MY reading seems to show that updfstab is provided by Kudzu, but that's installed and working fine.

Does anyone have any experience with this? All hint, tips, and flashes of inspiration gratefully received..

Thanks all in advance

Rob

Artemis
12th December 2004, 09:05 PM
Eehm I found this article, maybe it's interesting for you. But there's no explanation why there's no such file:
http://cyberelk.net/tim/usb-storage.html

toesofrubber
12th December 2004, 09:34 PM
Thanks for that - i had found that already - I thought it was the naswer to my problem, until i got to the point where i realised updfstab wasn't installed!

Thanks for trying though - does anyone else have any suggestions as to how i can get updfstab and it's files installed?

crackers
12th December 2004, 10:53 PM
updfstab has been supplanted by the new udev and hal systems. Since I don't have the same hardware or issue, I can only provide this much as a starting point... :o

toesofrubber
13th December 2004, 12:45 AM
well, it gives me a new direction to head in - nice one.

*summons sherpas and heads off udev and hald bound...*