PDA

View Full Version : LMMS, Keystudio 49

George Ion
17th March 2013, 04:40 PM
I pulled the keyboard i bough 3 years ago from the closet, dusted it and installed it for the first time in Linux. After half day on the forums, i ended with LMMS. So far i was just trying to play with the keyboard. It works fine and everything, but: except for the ZynAddSubFX plugin, the volume is too loud and have to reduce it to 10-20% if i don't wanna hear distortion while playing. The volume slider on the rig also works only in the above mentioned plugin. Every time i start the app i have to go on settings and set midi input and output. I assume i will figure these things out by myself but can anybody help to make that moment closer?

George Ion
18th March 2013, 07:30 PM
Besides that i discovered that LMMS takes over my ... whatever, sound chip, alsa, to the point i can't use other software like Firefox or flash. After launching Firefox, which becomes very slow, i can't get flash to play anything unless i restart the computer.

George Ion
19th March 2013, 05:31 PM
Ok this is freaking me out. Don't know what's scarier, the bug itself, the fact that it got fixed all by itself, or maybe the fact that i might have fixed it by mistake...