PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Power off - install updates and restart

deretsigernu
24th February 2013, 05:46 PM
Under the menu under the username there is Power Off and Install Updates and Restart. Is the Install Updates and Restart option always supposed to be there?

John the train
24th February 2013, 08:26 PM
As far as I can tell it shoiuld only appear when there are updates available.

deretsigernu
24th February 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks.

Of course it disappeared because I asked the forum. It seems to stick around several time after an update, which made me think something was wrong. Geez! Well, at least now it's gone.

JValeck
6th March 2013, 03:12 AM
I was recently notified of a S/W update so I clicked INSTALL. It appeared to be downloading packages then it just stopped with no visible information. Looking around a bit I did see in the user menu 'Install updates and restart' so I ran that. It rebooted and it appeared again, so I did it again. Now after 2 reboots it is still in the menu.

How many times should I run this ? :dis:

John the train
6th March 2013, 08:52 AM
@ JValek. You could run < yum clean all > followed by < yum update > , it sounds as if the update hung for some reason, this should sort things out.

JValeck
6th March 2013, 11:59 PM
Thanks John,

That cleared the 'install updates and restart' in the menu.

I very much liked seeing what was going on with the yum update command. Should I use this whenever the GUI says there are updates available ?

Thanks,
-Val

kerving
1st April 2013, 09:18 AM
sudo rm /var/lib/PackageKit/prepared-update /var/lib/PackageKit/offline-update-competed